Summary of the Steps to the NEW Certification Requirements Coming April 15, 2023 . . . . .
The new streamlined certification process steps:
Further details (guidelines and required documentation) are found in your Birth Doula Certification Packet. Certification Packets are distributed at the DONA Approved Birth Doula Workshops.
- Complete a DONA-approved Birth Doula Workshop in-person, or virtual
- Become a member of DONA International at the end of the doula training you will receive a $30 discount
- Fulfill the childbirth education requirement
- Fulfill the lactation support education requirement (included with the Birth Company training)
- Required reading – write and submit 3-5 sentences with key takeaways for 4 books
- Complete 10 short answer self-assessment questions
- Compile 25 resources from 10 categories from the Resource & Reference List
- After completing the workshop attend and document 3 qualifying birth support experiences
- Purchase the certification fee of $155 in the DONA Boutique
- Fill out the application
- Compile your packet materials and upload them at the address listed on your application fee receipt